One more week until Christmas! We had so much fun this last week going on our field trip to the Galt Museum. We also went skating for our second time and I can't believe how much they have improved in just one time! We are continuing to learn about the H Superheroes in our Reading Skills. Students should all have the new books (unless your child is reading chapter books) in their yellow pocket folders. They can keep reading these books until the new year.
Just a reminder that our Christmas party is on Friday. Here is the list of assignments:
Amber-veggies
Sierra-treat
Haylee-crackers and cheese
Lesha-meat
A.J.-fruit
The Christmas Concert will be on Wednesday at 6:30. Here is what students can wear for their costume for our class (this is just a suggestion)
yellow shirt
black pants
headband
mini flashlight
sunglasses
antennae's (headband with pipe cleaners and black styrofoam balls)
We will be having a dress rehearsal on
Wednesday, so please send your child to
school with their costume on.
Here is a letter from Mrs. Vereschagin regarding the Christmas Concert.
Dear RES Parents,
I'm not sure what information has been sent out regarding your child's Christmas Concert Costume, however I am aware that there is some concern and frustration. Hopefully I can clarify some of the confusion.
First of all, the list of costume ideas that you may or may not have received are only suggestions. A place to start so to speak. It is not necessary for every child to dress exactly as the suggestions stated. If you do not have the specified colour shirt or pants then that is perfectly fine. Choose something you do have and turn it into a costume or leave it as is.
I am NOT asking or requiring any parent to go out and purchase any type of outfit or accessory that may be impossible to find or you know your child will never need again.
I do ask that your child try to find a flashlight as one song has light choreography and if your child has sunglasses that's great too. Your child could arrive wearing their Sunday best and I will still be excited to see them perform at the concert.
I know that this time of year can be a hectic and I apologize for any of the confusion and any inconvenience. I hope this clarifies some of your concerns. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to emailjulie.vereschagin@westwind.ab. ca.
Musically Yours,
Julie Vereschagin
We got an additional time scheduled for skating! We will be going this Thursday from 11:00-12:00. If you can help out or would like to come skate with your child, please come!
I think that's it for updates and info for this week!
-Carly
No comments:
Post a Comment