Saturday, October 19, 2013

Halloween Snacks, Skating Info.

I hope everyone had as great of a week as me! Every day I am loving my class more and more. We are working really hard and learning ways to make us better readers. This week, we focused on "Stretchy Snake"-students s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the words they are reading and then blend them together to figure out the words.

The grade ones will start skating at the ice rink in November. Just as a heads up, students each need to have a CSA approved helmet or they will not be allowed on the ice. Bike helmets and ski helmets are NOT CSA approved.

This week will surely be a fun one!
We are doing our mystery bags on Tuesday, so please have them to school on Monday to be safe. If your child was not at school on Friday, I will send home one on Monday.
We will be wrapping up our Bat theme on Thursday.
Please send a pumpkin with your child this week. We will be carving our pumpkins on Friday, but we will be doing math activities every day this week, so the sooner they have a pumpkin, the better! If they don't have a pumpkin for math, I will just have them share with someone in the class (the same goes for carving). Don't worry, your child will not be carving their own pumpkin, just drawing on the face and scooping out the gunk and seeds.
We will be focusing this week on looking at the pictures to give us clues about the words we are reading. Please practice this at home as you are reading with your child.

For our class parties, I like to assign children to bring specific healthy snacks. Especially for Halloween, I believe they will be getting quite enough sugary treats! Each child will be responsible for bringing ONE part of the snack for ONE class party during the year. Here are the assignments for the class party on October 31:

Crackers and Cheese-Becky
Meat (for crackers and cheese)-Zack
Fruit-Caleb
Veggies-Grady
Treat-Austin

This week we got to have our reading buddies come to our class! 












Thanks for reading! Enjoy your weekend :)

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment