Friday, September 13, 2013

Daily 5 and Pictures

The first FULL week of grade one was a giant success!

Thank you to everyone who returned their yellow forms! We are going to get some sight word games and foam dice as our freebie!

I think that we are pretty up-to-date as far as reminders go, so this post is mostly pictures. Please make sure to read back a couple posts (just scroll down) to make sure you haven't missed anything.
Zack doing a great job at Show and Tell



I get to look at these precious faces every day! I love my job. 

We have been practicing "Read to Self" as part of Daily 5 in Language Arts. Daily 5 is a program where students get to choose how they spend their literacy time. Eventually they will be able to choose from "Work on Writing", "Read to Someone", "Listen to Reading", and "Work on Words". The kids love Daily 5 because they get to control how they learn. So this week we did the grand kick off and they did great! Today we read for 4 minutes straight. I know that sounds like nothing, but it's all about baby steps and building our stamina :). 




















Have a fantastic weekend! 

-Carly


1 comment: